Hunter's chicken recipe
In Italy, there are many types of this delicious dish called Pollo Alla Cacciatora. Here you see one of the simplest types. "Caccioatore" in Italian means "hunter-style". These dishes are usually easy to prepare. Hunters know a lot about this. Molto delizioso!
For 4 servings
- One 1.5 kg of chicken – cut into pieces
- 1 large onion – cut into 8 pieces
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tablespoons of butter - cut into small cubes
- 500 grams of tomatoes - peel, divide in half, if the tomatoes are large, then divide each half into 3-4 more parts
- salt and pepper to salt
- a quarter cup of olive oil
Preheat oven to 205 degrees. Use an ovenproof skilled / plate measuring 33 x 22 x 5cm (I cook in an ovenproof glass container)
Place the chicken and onion here first. Arrange bay leaves and rosemary between the chicken and the onion. Pour butter on top. Slice the tomatoes as you see in the picture, arrange them around the chicken, provided the cut side is at the bottom. Pour olive oil over the chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook the dish in the oven until golden brown and juice appears, about an hour and a half.